Two stage shock mount and vibration isolator for severe dynamic environments such as shipboard and ground vehicles.
Barry 2K-Series mounts offer the advantage of superior vibration and shock protection for a wide range of loads in a single compact unit. These isolators are ideal for isolating naval sonar equipment, ship board electronics and communications.
- Combines shock and vibration isolation in a single isolator
- Protects from vibratory inputs as low as 10 Hz
- Designed for base mounting only
- Wide load range for most applications
- Elastomeric shock attenuating elements have as much as 1 inch of available deflection (1.5 inches for 2KS)
- Limit shock transmissions to 20g’s when subjected to a five foot hammer blow per MIL-S-901
- Many custom versions are available. Consult factory for more information
- 2K1 Series = 4 load ratings from 1 – 10 lbs. per mount
- 2K2 Series = 8 load ratings from 4 – 90 lbs. per Mount
- 2KS Series for loads from 250 – 6,000 lbs.
- Naval sonar equipment
- Shipboard electronics
- Radar installations
- Computer & video displays
- 2K1 and 2K2 isolators are for use with lightweight MIL-S-901 applications.
- 2KS systems are for use with medium weight MIL-S-901 applications.
- Isolators and systems met MIL-STD-16400 inclination, temperature, humidity and salt spray specifications, MIL-STD-167 vibration tests and MIL-M-17185 environmental and oil immersion tests.
- Operating temperature range is -20°F to +180°F (-30°C to +82°C).
- Isolators are unaffected by humidity, sand, dust and fungus.
|Vibration Element||Shock Element|
|NATURAL FREQUENCY||6 – 8 Hertz vertical||15 Hertz vertical|
|TRANSMISSIBILITY AT RESONANCE||2.5 Max.||10 Max.|
|RESILIENT ELEMENT||Friction damped spring||Neoprene or Nitrile elastomer|
|STANDARD MATERIALS||Varies with model Standard Beryllium Copper Grounding Strap|
|WEIGHT||See Dimensional Drawings|