Low-frequency variable air-damped mounts for a high level of vibration isolation.
Barry S-Mounts are air-damped isolators and are designed to provide the highest degree of vibration isolation for sensitive commercial and military airborne equipment. S-Mounts are particularly effective at isolating low level vibration.
- Low resonant transmissibility
- 2 stage air-damping
- Low natural frequency isolation
- Axial to radial stiffness ratio of 4:1
- Fail safe construction
- Up to 90% isolation efficiency with inputs as low as 40 Hz.
- Variable air-damping provides increasing isolation efficiency in high-frequency regions, even when input excursions become small
- Meets safety requirements of MIL-E-5400 (30G 11ms half sine pulse)
- S22 = 6 load ratings from .3 – 3 lbs. per mount
- S44 = 7 load ratings from .25 – 9 lbs. per mount
- S64 = 7 load ratings from 2.0 – 25 lbs. per mount
- Military & commercial airborne equipment
- Computers and storage devices
- Optical devices & instrumentation
- Clinical diagnostic equipment
- Silicone Air Chambers and Snubbers have operating temperature ranges of -67°F to +300°F (-55°C to +150°C).
- Mounts meet all applicable standards of MIL-C-172 and are fungus and oil resistant.
|NATURAL FREQUENCY||7-10 Hertz vertical|
|TRANSMISSIBILITY AT RESONANCE||3.5 Max. at sea level Approx. 4.3 at 50,000 feet|
|RESILIENT ELEMENT||Air-damped spring|
|STANDARD MATERIALS||Varies with model|
|WEIGHT||S22 = 0.5 oz.
S44 = 2.5 oz.
S64 = 5.0 oz.